This Homeschool Mother's Journal: 6 May 2011

09 May 2011
The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In my life this week...

Nothing to exciting this week, same as ever...though we did find out Ethan made the cut for the German soccer team!! Soccer is my oldest favorite sport and although he is probably the youngest on the team...and with a little more practice playing German soccer, he'll be great at it! Official games will not start until fall, so that should give him time to get really in shape to play come fall season. In Germany, to play on a team you basically apply for a 'passport' with the soccer club. Each town usually have their own clubs for each age group youth to adult. So tomorrow we'll give the coach the passport picture for his soccer 'passport' and fees for uniform/team.

In our homeschool this week...

We are doing alot of reading. My oldest is reading 20,000 Leagues under the Sea and my 9 y/o is readying Black Beauty. I am amazed how my pre-K is learning so much. It's like a light switch. Some days....you learn and read over material and then in one moment...you see that he can recognize a letter or count to a X number among other things!! See this is way homeschooling is so great! Those first moments and knowing you have a detailed part of that learning...

Reading:

Bible Life of Christ (A Beka)
Science: Apologia
English: lots of copying from Bible and writing in their Journibles (Book of Proverbs)
History: Listening to CDs by Diana Waring (Ancient Civilizations & the Bible)
Spelling: Spelling Power
Math: MUS Math-U-See) for my 4th grader and LoF (Life of Fred) for 7th grader

Bare minimal right now


Places we're going and people we're seeing...

Umm..no planned field trips for now...other than the local park. Friday-I had a luncheon with my husband Bn. --It's Military Spouse Appreciation Day/Volunteer Appreciation Month, and May is the month to celebrate Military Appreciation Month---so all rolled into one and have a lovely lunch at one of my favorite restaurants.

Mother's Day we went well with my friend & her kids and we (hubby's are both deployed) all ate out at a local Italian restaurant. YUMMY!! Hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day!

My favorite thing this week was...

Probably my weekly Bible Study. We are studying "Hope for the Home Front: Winning the Emotional and Spiritual Battles of a Military Wife" ---Aah! It's SUCH a Blessing to be doing this study during a deployment. It's great and I recommend it! I think everyone recommends it...its been on back order for awhile, glad I ordered it when I could! ;)


What's working/not working for us...

The heat. In Germany there is NO AIR CONDITIONING! :( we have a small unit we bought last year and I bought another one used, but I haven't been able to install them for this year. I need to because yesterday was the start of some serious heat (for Germany anyway)... What bugs me is the windows here...if you can remember my last post... you'd see what I mean. LOL!! Okay...I will quit complaining...the Lord doesn't like that too much. :)


Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

Nope. We pretty much have everything going as planned. Yikes--I'll knock on some wood right now...

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...

Mother's Day at Church


Military Spouse Luncheon


signature,jessica,blog signature,name

2 comments:

RachelT said...

It looks like you had a nice Mother's Day and you are having a needed Bible study. I hope you have a great week!

Unknown said...

Thank you Rachel!! I hope you had a wonderful week as well. :) Yes, the bible study is a true blessing right now.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!! Come back soon! Sincerely, Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...