Now, one of the many reasons we went from government school to homeschooling was our own desire to please God and from the scripture we read through...
Some can argue such things, but I do believe this is what God has us to do at this moment and we've had total peace about it also.
Aside from this, after several on-line homeschool conference I attended at the beginning of our homeschool journey and participating in a military marriage retreat-- we came up with a family motto and mission statement.
Here is our family mission statement:
The mission of our family is to create a nurturing place of faith, love, truth, happiness, and to provide opportunity for each individual to become responsibly independent, and effectively interdependent, in order to serve as effective members within our family and community.
Our Family mission is to:
1. Love each other
2. To worship the Lord together
3. To wisely use our time, resources, talents to bless others
4. To promote a loving, kind, and happy family atmosphere
5. To maintain patience through understanding
6. Resolve conflicts with each other rather than harboring anger
7. To pray together
8. To value honesty and integrity
9. To help each other, motivate each other
10. To bring glory to God.
Our family motto and life verse:
2 Corinthians 4:18 ~While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are Eternal.