Homeschool Mother's Journal: 22 April 2011

22 April 2011
The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…

In our homeschool this week…

It was Spring Break for most of DoDDs students and German Students (school) and so we decided to take another week off. My boys spend several nights with their German friend. I just lounged around with my two young ones and rested. It was very nice, and the weather was great!! Sunny all week!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

I hosted a BBQ at my home for our BN Halfway Mark (more or less) ---that means we have SIX MORE MONTH to go before I get my DH back!! ;) Downhill from here and now...

My favorite thing this week was…

Since we didn't do much of school work, we did however get to the library...
Found to great books on Vincent Willem van Gogh. I do appreciate having a library, especially one overseas.

What’s working/not working for us…

What's NOT working for us...is the heat. German housing does not have ANY central air/heat inside them. You have to buy individual units, but it is SO frustrating because the windows are not like American spec windows. They don't open to slide up/down, but sideways. Here's a short video of what I am talking about.



I mean really---I will have to get heavy duty cardboard, duct tape, stand tall enough for the air conditioner unit--and make shift a CLOSED window.

--Just another thing military families DISLIKE about being here. (MIND YOU) ---there are plenty of things to LOVE, but this is just an inconvenience. That's all. An annual inconvenience. LOL!!


Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…

No homeschool questions at this time. My thoughts were on about an blog post I read the other day...you can view it here: Are you a homeschool ambassador? ;)

My answer: Yes, yes I am. {BIG SMILE}

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Photobucket


I am participating in this Homeschool Carnival: Curriculum Clean-OUT! I have 5 items listed...check out my blog for details.


signature,jessica,blog signature,name

4 comments:

Chiquita Akers said...

No A/C.... that must really stink! Thanks for you and your families service!

Carrie said...

Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my site. Nice to meet you! I look forward to following your blog.
Carrie

Unknown said...

Yes, it does stink Chiquita Akers! ;) LOL!! It's okay though...Thank God for air conditioners...even though we have NOT-so-user friendly windows. ha ha ha

Unknown said...

Welcome Carrie!! Take care!

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!! Come back soon! Sincerely, Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...