This Homeschool Mother's Journal: 13 May 2011

13 May 2011
The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In my life this week...

I don't know...this week was kinda weird. It seems like I am living in the Groundhog Day movie....every day seems the same day in and day out. I wasn't able to talk to my husband at all this week until today!! It was a happy moment. I found out he is sending me my belated Mother's Day gift!! Yippee!! I suppose weeks like this, we just pray and thank the Lord that we are alive and that we are able to do what we do daily. I am thankful to the Lord for our health, for our joy, and for His loving hands watching over us in a time of need. God is Good. ;)


In our homeschool this week...

Since I am in a re-arranging mode, much of our homeschooling has been bare minimum. I am upset that we haven't done more this week, but the boys are doing okay. My oldest (7th grader) just received his scores from taking the Terra Nova. I am very pleased with his scores...otherwise I still think he needs MORE math exercises... and as long as I can get my 4th grader to read at least 3 chapters in his book, we are doing well. LOL!!

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

1. baseball/soccer practices
2. church Wednesday night
3. FRG meeting
4. baseball games tomorrow

*so nothing fancy this week. ;)


My favorite thing this week was...

Well, on Wednesday afternoon -after the boys had their Guitar practices, we stay out and had a very nice picnic at the local park. Even though this week was a little rough...I saw at that moment what a very blessed life we have...my boys (despite the fact that they are without their father) are very happy and it shows. I wouldn't want it any other way... (well, aside from wanting the hubby here) ;)


What's working/not working for us...

Well, the one thing I am sad about is this...I bought and signed up to be apart of the 31 days to Clean, but I have come to realize...BEFORE I do anything else...I have to DE-CLUTTER my home. That's my MAIN ISSUE!! I keep cleaning...only to have to more extra work because we don't simplify our/my home. I have been reading for each day the devotionals so far, they are fantastic, but the schedule is JUST not working for me personally.

That is what I've been doing this whole week...bought a new bed for one of the boys, going through all of our clothing (TONS OF CLOTHES) --this is why laundry is NEVER done....too many clothes!! So, by tomorrow we should be caught up and ready to go on with the 31-days to Clean.

Also, I will have to tweak the schedule because I don't have my own carpet cleaner...so I will have to go throughout the house, de-clutter, clean, and then clean the floors (carpet) because I'll have to rent one. Yeah, I don't feel like renting it each other week. LOL! Overall though, I love the devotions...they are good and thought provoking!


Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

Well, it's not a question but more of a plan...as we near our homeschool year, I have been heavily thinking about changing to year-round homeschooling. Why?

1. We still need to catch up one or two weeks to add
2. With the deployment...school is keeping us all SANE
3. I will want to take the block leave off (when the husband re-deploys back home)
4. We will be PCSing during our next 'school year'

And with following the Charlotte Mason philosophy..it will not be hard to do. I will start them earlier on their reading list for next year and definitely keep up with their math. For my oldest --right now he is finishing up Life of Fred, pre-algebra with biology. This school year LoF author came out with a new book, pre-algebra 2 with Economics. So, I will order this book very soon, and he'll just go right into that and hopefully by Aug/Sept. he'll go right into Algebra 1 (Life of Fred). With my 4th grader...he is using Math-U-See...he'll finish Delta and then go with Life of Fred Fractions and so forth...or we might have to stick with Math-U-See for another year.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...


We are happy to announce that our oldest boy tried out for a local German soccer (football) team, and he made the cut!! He knows the coach from baseball... He has his work cut out for him though...he's one of the youngest on the team and he's used to playing American soccer, but the good news is...he has until the fall to get into shape, passing drills, and learn how to kick from the inside and not the toes!! :)





His new jersey for his soccer team (front & back view)




After our picnic and playground date



signature,jessica,blog signature,name

8 comments:

gail said...

thanks for visiting my new blog today - nice to meet another Mom in the Middle :)

Unknown said...

Welcome Gail!! Yes, I am enjoying that age as well!! Each stage is different...but having a teenager now!! Wow! :) It's fun though...Ethan's a good boy! ;)

Misty said...

I love that it's the time of year when we can emmerge and do things like picnics and sunshine!

Unknown said...

Yes, I love spring, summer, and FALL! ;) Winter...eh, not so much --especially this last winter. :) Thanks for stopping by Misty!

Chris said...

Very cool jersey!

Hope all is well!

StephF said...

I love your positive attitude!

Unknown said...

@StephF - Thank you! After much years of not having a positive outlook and then after Salvation...I do now have a positive attitude (but it took years)!! :) It's all the Lord's doing...

Unknown said...

@Thanks Cast! :) I hope he has a great season!! In time for when Daddy gets back! ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!! Come back soon! Sincerely, Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...