The Homeschool Mother's Journal: 14 September 2012

14 September 2012


In my life this week:

Well, this week had a few NEW firsts for us... we participated in our very first Co-Op/Enrichment Classes, here, in the States.  Loved Co-Op and I am also teaching Geography, Photography and assisting in General Science classes... the boys said they had a blast!  Wednesday nights, my husband and I help out with at our Church for Kids4Truth!  We went on a field trip today- San Antonio Great Day Kens 5


In our homeschool this week:

Boys are finishing up their 6th week of homeschooling. This homeschool year started our fourth year in doing so...I guess by now, we just feel natural about being at home and doing what needs to get done, and then just have fun as a family.  Started our first week of Co-Op too!! So much fun. 



Apologia Biology Lab Worksheet
(9th grade)
Helpful tips or advice about homeschooling:

I think having a fellowship with other homeschool ladies, Christian fellowship, and sharing our prayers, doubts, fears, praises --- goes a long way.  We had a Girls Night Out yesterday, and I just love being with them and sharing ideas, projects, and friendships. My advice is that if you are not plugged into a group of other homeschool ladies/friends --- find some. Immediately.  Friendships are a treasure and a luxury we cannot afford to be without.


Places we went and people we saw:

Well, like I said before...we had our first Co-Op meeting and a field trip today at our local news station for a segment called, "Great Day SA" - KENS 5.   It showed us a little about how news rooms work and the people who get it done.  


My youngest and me waiting for the show to start.

Kens 5  Great Day SA

Photo Op after the Show!


Things I am working on:

I will be joining in on Carlie's new site called:  Managing Your Blessings as a team writer, I pray that I will be able to contribute as well as have fun with her new en devour and direction. So be on the look out for more details soon! 

If you'd like to know more about Carlie, you can "meet" her over on, So You Call Yourself a Homeschooler?  She is another fellow Christian Military Homeschool Blogger and her blog is on the Top 25 Homeschool Blogs of 2012. So check it out! 


Also, next week I am going to see about going back to Nursing School for RN (registered nurse).  Long story short...I had completed half the courses before we had to move (PCS) to Germany.  Now that we are back in the States, I just might finish...to maybe in the future work part-time.  I don't know, I am just letting the Lord handle that and see where it leads...


I'm reading:

Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis  - I have not read this book until now.  What prompt me to read it is because for Co-Op, my older two boys are reading Mere Christianity for an Apologetic's Class right now.  

I'm cooking:

Tonight we are going to have baked chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and cornbread.

We recently decided to have theme night meals... so it'll look like this:

Mondays- Seafood Night
Tuesdays- Mexican Night
Wednesdays- Pizza Night
Thursdays- Italian Night
Fridays- Home-style Night
Saturdays- BBQ
Sundays-Leftovers 


I'm grateful for:

My family, my friends and the new people I am meeting everyday here in our new hometown.


I'm praying for: 

I am praying for friends and their prayer requests, for church family members during illnesses & surgeries, upcoming weddings, for our homeschool, for my husband and his recent surgery AND for his new beginning of furthering his education...plus many, many more.  The Lord knows all what is in my heart and mind.

Video or photo to share:

OH!! I wish I had videotaped my child today...he was on the air and danced in front of an audience!! No shyness with this HOMESCHOOLER!! LOL!! It was so funny.  I hope I will be able to watch a clip sometime or another. With a house full of boys -- it's like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get or witness (at any given moment).  

OH!! In another post I will talk about our Church Co-Op groups recent project: Busy Bags for our Toddlers/PreK!!  So excited about them and it was so fun to join-in. I might even start making some more for my two younger ones-- for more options. Have you ever joined a Busy Bag Swap?? What was your child's favorite bag?  


Busy Bags: More to Come!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what I would do without our Co-op and the encouragement of my fellow homeschooling gals. Life is meant to be lived together. Glad you have that in your life too.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!! Come back soon! Sincerely, Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...