The Homeschool Mother's Journal: 28 Oct. 2011

28 October 2011
The Homeschool Mother's Journal




In my life this week…

Loving life now that the hubby is back home from deployment. It's great to have him home again.

In our homeschool this week…

We are learning about Paul (the Apostle)
Reading about Vikings and Native Americans
Health: Human anatomy of the Cell and DNA
Reading: Last of the Mohicans & 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Math: Algebra (8th grader: integers & my other boy- mental math subtraction)

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

November is: National Novel Writing Month and this WEBSITE has some fantastic FREE workbooks. **Not sure if my boys will complete a novel this November, but the workbooks are outstanding and we will definitely use for the future for reading and writing.

I am inspired by…

How GOOD GOD IS...

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

No where in particular right now...we are just enjoying our family time at home.

My favorite thing this week was…

Celebrating two family birthday's this month. ;)

What’s working/not working for us…

Foreign Language program...need to start reading the teacher's instruction manual a little more in detail.

Questions/thoughts I have…

Why is it so hard to understand people reactions to scripture?

Things I’m working on…

Decorations for tomorrow's birthday celebration: Angry Bird theme... so glad birthday's are ONCE a year. ha ha ha

I’m reading…

Family Driven Faith by Voddie Baucham Jr. (on my Kindle)

I’m cooking…

For tonight? Chili.

I’m grateful for…

My salvation and my family

I’m praying for…

This week during our Prayer meeting (on Wednesday's) we have been praying for a certain hard situation for anyone. A woman of my age has had a debilitating heatlh issue occur and now she is living in a nursing home. Her family wishes are very different from the husband and it has made a most disturbing family event.

As I have a medical background I have always promoted the importance of having an advance directive (or living will). I am glad to mention that my husband and I have the same outlook as to where our children will go to in the event that both of us die and who should care for our children. I also trust the judgment of my husband, so if I ever had life cut short---I don't worry about my children in the care of my husband.

It's an unfortunate event to think about, but the alternative of NOT being able to voice our desires when and IF it ever happened is beyond comprehension for me.

I am just in deep prayer about this situation and pray that she is able to recover for the child's sake and for salvation to occur for the whole family.


A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Celebrating a birthday boy...




signature,jessica,blog signature,name

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!! Come back soon! Sincerely, Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...