Not Back to School Blog Hop: Week 4 ~ What happens at Ironside Christian Academy?

22 August 2011

Well, WE LEARN! ;)


Here is how most of our day is formed

Get up around 0800 and clean up, have breakfast and then get ready for school.

0900 (or 9 AM) -we start school

in this order:

Bible
Math
English
Spelling
History
Geography

*Kindergarten work in-between this time*

LUNCH

(Naps for my two youngest)

Science
Human A&P
Latin


Individual Reads or Group Read

USUALLY done by 1400 (2 PM) or 1500 (3 PM)

Outdoor fun
(Nature Study weekly)
Art
(Appreciation weekly)
Sports (P.E.)
(two times a week--local German soccer team)

Co-Op
(Montly)

Field Trips
(Monthly, but as needed)

**Somewhere I manage to squeeze in cleaning house, cooking, a college class, church, dog walking, bible reading, movie watching, Kindle reading (Jane Erye-for right now), FRG (family readiness group- Army thing), and sleep & hygenie. ;)


Not Back to School Blog Hop


7 comments:

Cara Brooke said...

I love to see homeschoolers who keep working after lunch! You have very full days, I'm impressed! Happy "Not" Back to School!

Jessica S. said...

Thank you Cara. I think, personally, the older the children get, all the more reason to complete every subject (even if it has to be done after lunch). ;)

Jessica S. said...

I suppose if we started school earlier though...we would get done before lunch...but we are NOT early birds. :) LOL!! On the contrary, I supose if my husband was not deployed (and here) --I would be getting up earlier. ;)

Ralene said...

Thank you for sharing! I'm an Army wife as well and am struggling to change my lifestyle over from a writing mama with 3 young ones, to a homeschooling, writing mama with 2 in school, one running around, all while I try to do my own school (copyediting certification), editing, reading, cleaning, PWOC, etc. Oy! :)

Jessica S. said...

It does help with keeping busy! (especially with the hubby deployed)!! Thanks for stopping by Ralene

Schooling in the Sun said...

Thank you for visiting my blog earlier. I like your schedule--realistic and to the point. Good luck with your husband being gone right now.

Dawne Shelton said...

Thanks for sharing your day :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!! Come back soon! Sincerely, Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...