This Homeschool Mother's Summer Journal: 24 June 2011

23 June 2011
The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In my life this week…

Well, this last week and this week have been stressful. I am getting ready for the hubby to come home for 2 weeks after many, many months of this deployment. It's all the excitement and stress of getting everything done before he arrives.

Planning out literally every minute of the days (well at least every day) because of our limited time. Mind you, it's not set in stone, but it's for us to have a good idea of what we want to do during this precious time together.

Literally have one week with him and then family arrives for the second week...but it's all good and the boys are excited for them to come on over the deep blue sea.

In our homeschool this week…

We have been done with school (this year) since end of May, but I have them at least reading one book for now. I need to start reorganizing our "Learning Room" before the Hubby gets here too, because after he leaves, we will start the new school year.

Mainly because when he gets back from deployment, we'll be able to take time off and a possible PCS (permanent change of station) mid-year.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

I finally received my homeschool planner and binder. I love it!! I just need to start filling in the blanks!! ;)

I would definitely say...plan as much as you can on break, because it gets hectic once you get into full swing of homeschooling. I know some don't like to plan ahead, but I do. It makes it easier for me.


I am inspired by…

The color purple. I love purple.


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

My older two boys are going to Europa-Park this week and me and the rug rats are going to a place called, Marchenwald Sambachshof for some much needed fun. Can't wait!! Photos later on, for sure.

My favorite thing this week was…

Seeing our former pastor come for a visit on Wednesday night. I attend a missionary church here in Germany and there's currently a Missionary Conference going on and so he was able to stop by our church. It was great to see him. His wife couldn't attend because she is still in the States waiting on a visitors 'visa' for Italy.

Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork....and kind of understand via being a military spouse!!

What’s working/not working for us…

What's not working for us?? Hmmm....

Not having orders yet.
Rain. (I need sunshine)
Not having my husband here.
A bolt stuck in a tire. (thankfully it got patched up)
Paint on a lazy boy chair. (don't ask)


I’m reading…

Right now on my Kindle I am reading...

Your Future Demands Greatness (A Soldier's Inheritance) by Jacob F. Roecker

So far I LOVE IT!!! :) Review coming as soon as I finish... It's one of my summer reads...


I’m grateful for…

My Salvation
My Husband
My Children
My Friends

I’m praying for…

I am praying for the Phillips family
I am praying for Mrs. Ellen's paperwork
I am praying for my Family who are unsaved
I am praying for our up coming R&R time together as a Family
I am praying for our up coming school year
So on...


A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Here is a photo from a recent photo shoot FREE to our military community. Picture a Hero is a professional group that has been traveling around Europe helping out military families to get some good quality photos of the family before a deployment, during a deployment (I am in this category), and the in-between. I won't elaborate, because I am making a separate blog post about it soon.





Thank you for stopping by,

signature,jessica,blog signature,name

1 comments:

Hen Jen said...

beautiful photo of you all! How wonderful your husband will be home soon! I enjoyed your homeschool journal :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!! Come back soon! Sincerely, Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...