Homeschool Mother's Journal: 15 April 2011

15 April 2011
The Homeschool Mother's Journal




In my life this week...

This past couple of weeks have been busy and a little depressing, not because of my boys (well busy because of the kiddos) but the depressing thing...is that I have been without my husband for about 6 months (give or take) and have another 6 months to go (give or take). It's definitely not an easy task. I have found myself at the point of not relying on myself (because I cannot do it) but relying solely on God's friendship and love. It's definitely a good thing, but my DH is my earthly love and I miss him dearly...

In our homeschool this week...

We are getting closer to the end of the tunnel (I see the light) and NO I am not dying. LOL!! Since I changed up our homeschool philosophy to CM--it has truly been a delight to teach and for them to learn...are they learning enough?? Yes, I believe so. They know what is important in this world and that's our main goal as their parents.


Places we're going and people we're seeing...

We went to an Easter Celebration within our Battalion, and the kids enjoyed it and we also spent a day with some German Church family/friends. It's so wonderful to be able to each each other's company to the glory of God. I love my friends...they are definitely keeping my spirits in check throughout this deployment.


My favorite thing this week was...

Well, glad the federal budget went through and the Hubby will get paid. :) My favorite thing...is having wonderful weather in Germany. YIPPEE!!



What's working/not working for us...

Nothing to report at this moment....except for guitar lessons. We have a German man who comes on post to do private lessons, but since my boys started months ago...the schedule changes frequently...Needless-to-say --it's a bit annoying. The boys only have another month before 'free' lessons stop. (Free tuition because of deployment). Not sure if we will keep on going...because my oldest can use CDs now and my 9 y/o is not much interested.


Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

Trying to figure out if we should already just started Latin or wait till next 'school' year?? Should probably already open up the program...I have Rosetta Stone Latin. Is this super easy and no teacher prep right?? I have been looking at different curriculum for Latin study, but have no clue where to start or get. Not really worrying because I have the Rosetta Stone...but is that enough?


A photo, video, link, or quote to share...

Lunch with Friends and a Visit to the local Animal Park



Easter/Halfway Celebration with the Battalion


One man with courage is a majority. ~Thomas Jefferson




signature,jessica,blog signature,name

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Jessica for visiting Homeschool Circus and for your encouragement. I pray your husband comes home safely!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you Lisa! ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!! Come back soon! Sincerely, Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...