Review: Virginia Soaps & Scents

20 November 2009

With being a member of the 2009 TOS Homeschool Crew, I received samples of Virginia Soaps and Scents.

Virginia Soaps & Scents is crafted by a homeschool family-the Spargur Family. It started as a school project and then made into a family business. They make handcrafted soaps from all natural ingredients.
"Our soaps are made with all natural oils – no added chemicals. Each bar is hand cut, so no two are exactly the same."
The Virginia Soaps and Scents are members of the Handcrafted Soapmakers Guild Inc.-information located here.


Virginia Soaps & Scents provided my family with several wonderful varieties of soap, shampoo bar, and laundry soap; Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey, Coconut Lemongrass and Fresh Orange, and Ginger Lime Shampoo Bar, and laundry soap. The soaps are available online for $4.50 each or 3 for $12. The shampoo bars are $5.50 each or 2 for $10.

The laundry soap is a kit that consists of a grated soap bar with a powder mixture of washing soda and borax. The kit sells for $4.95 and makes 2 gallons of soap. They say this is enough to do about 64-72 loads of laundry.

Virginia Soaps & Scents have many types of products to view here.
Since Christmas is on it's way...please visit their wonderful Christmas Scents here. Pumpkin spice sounds YUMMY!!
Information about their soaps is located here.
______________________________

Our take of Virginia Soaps & Scents

The homebased business side started with a history lesson and developed into a family business. I commend any homeschool family to reaching that destination. When the samples were mailed to us, the packaging, information (flyers and welcome letter) were professional and welcoming. The packaging was beautiful and individual...no soap is alike! All handcrafted and made with love of the homeschool family.

My favorite was the Milk, Honey, and Oatmeal. I have read before of natural homemade ingredients for healthy, beautiful skin...well this bar wrapped it all into one. I really loved the way my skin felt. I have imperfect skin (as anyone else) but, I enjoyed the product. Since I am not a total fan of scented bars, because I am prone to getting migraines with strong smells, I was a little apprenhensive about reviewing these products, but I was relieved that all products have naturals oils and ingredients--which makes the 'scents' pleasing and not overbearing.

I'd say if you love homemade products and love to give homemade products this is the outlet to use. The pricing of the products are definitely very reasonable and well-established. Please visit their website at Virginia Soaps & Scents for more details and pricing.

NOTE: I am not paid to do the product reviews, so my review is exactly how I feel about the educational product and how my family used it.

For more product reviews on Virginia Soaps and Scents please visit the TOS Homeschool Crew Blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!! Come back soon! Sincerely, Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...