Motherhood...How I go on.

25 April 2012




Heard a great message tonight about change and power.  


Ephesians 3: 14-20 says, 





For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;


That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

May be able to comprehend with all saints what [is] the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

He reminded us again, that it's all about God, about Jesus and what he did for us...it's never about what we do, say, the works, the activities that is important.  Yes, as we are Saved people, we should do all things that glorify God, but we should never forget that God is the Reason for everything we do or say or think about it this short life.


We all really think it's God's will when we are happy, prosperous, healthy, have money, the best clothes, the nicest house...but what about when we don't have all of those "things?"   Is it still in God's will??


Absolutely. This is what defines FAITH.  If we just stop for a moment, read our Bible  {Our Handy-Dandy Life Notebook}   --we'd see that life with Jesus is NOT supposed to be always a fun-fulfilled, no worries life.   There will be heart-aches, disease, trials in our lives... whether by His doing or of an indirect way. 


Our Faith, in Christ, is the Power that brings us through it.


I read another post about doubting our skills in the VOCATION of CHRISTIAN MOTHERHOOD.


There has been a lot of buzz going around and I for one think it's a great discussion to have...motherhood is one of the most courageous occupations out there...I'd even put it at the level of discovering Neptune!! 


Having children and raising them for Christ is a miracle in the making.  Sure it's hard, uneventful at times, sometimes you feel that you want to quit. And then at other times---you feel like there's no other way to live here on Earth.  We have to go on...and we do that with  HIS power...not ours.


Here is a video that I love to watch from time to time --- boost my spirits so-to-speak.   



My soul is weary of my life; I will leave my complaint upon myself; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul. - Job 10:1


Self-pity doesn't work.


Rather we should say, "What can I learn and how can I grow?"



In Christ name, I will go on for Motherhood.




signature,jessica,blog signature,name

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!! Come back soon! Sincerely, Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...