Is Pinterest Homeschool Friendly?

08 September 2011

I would definitely vote for YES!

Okay, most if not all of you know what Pinterest is...and sad to say (depending on your opinion) I am a frequent visitor and 'pinner.'

Why would I ask if it's homeschool friendly?? Well, I always ask that question...and the answer is definitely a go. It gives me ideas on just about everything from kid's lunch menus to oh let's say curriculum? I 'collect' photos of purple, my dream home (what it would look like), and fantastic homeschool ideas.

I just started a series on explaining and reviewing materials on each subject for this year (you can view the 1st post HERE) and while I was looking at my fellow friend's pins, Sunflower Faith, it got me thinking...{Hey, make a board of my curriculum!} --haven't really seen a whole lot of that yet. Books-yes. Curriculum pinned together-no.

Maybe it's out there, who knows--I am still learning.

Well, Pinterest is nice because (of course) we get that instant satisfaction of pinning our favorites on our wall. It's window shopping on highspeed mode.

Now, as a Christian, I sometimes think about pinterest as being 'covetousness' and 'idolatry.'

You know that children's song; "oh be careful little eyes what you see..." Ha!! It's burned into my brain I suppose.

I was never a person to be into the latest fad or style --even as a kid. Even now, my life verse is 2 Cor. 4:18. So, when I look at sites like Facebook or Pinterest (two of which I am a frequent flyer)---there are some thoughts that come to mind;

1. Covetousness is being selfish and unthankful for what God has given you.

{Am I that?} Definitely not. I thank God for everything I have (and surprise) everything I don't have too.

2. Idolatry is putting other stuff before God.

{Am I that?} No, nothing comes in between God and me. *Not even my husband or children....least of all Pinterest.


So, back to our regularly scheduled post: Pinterest is fantastic.

I love looking at new ideas. It's a creative outlook (creativity is definitely not my strong suit). I also like that when I pin, it's not a copy & paste, or save as , upload this...With a click of the mouse your pin is saved. Aaaagh, it's refreshing. ;)

Anyway, if you have a Pinterest account...head on over to my Pinterest PAGE and share some pins with me. Hey, my birthday is coming up and I am sure you can find something easily that I like for that special gift. HA HA HA j/k

But--I think I am on to something...if I am following you, I know what you are like. ---Just saying.

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. ~ Luke 6:45


Or what you are pinning. ;)

Follow Me on Pinterest


signature,jessica,blog signature,name

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!! Come back soon! Sincerely, Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...