Having Faith that God will provide...

21 December 2009

For us it's having faith that God will provide for our family. As a military family, many of people don't realize that Soldiers don’t get paid much. Most military families (MANY) get approved for WIC and other government subsidies all the time...just to manage life.

Although, I'd say we were not rich (money-wise), my family is rich in love. Is that what poor people say??? No, that’s what Saved-Christian people say. We tithe, we pay our bills, food, fuel, and save in our Roth IRAs and what is left...we use for those around us and for extra things we might need. My husband heard other non-Christian Soldiers talking about our family tithing to the 'church' and figured the 10% of my husband pay plus the amount we give towards missions...

They were ASTOUNDED by the amount “we just give away” ...but to us, it's not tithing to the church...it's tithing to God and only God. And faith promise is just that---that we put our faith in Christ to keep us afloat by our giving. He gives us our blessings. And Faith brings us along for an awesome ride. We have not ‘lacked’ in anything we need.

This doesn’t mean there won’t be hard times. Yes, the truck will brake down, the car will need an oil change, you get into an argument with the spouse, kids are being disobedient…. Life is hard, he didn’t promise it would be paradise. You might be confused up Heaven and life here on Earth. Two separate things.

Our Pastor the other day just mentioned this…“Do you let things handle you or do you handle the things.” People spend so much time on things that don't matter...start investing in this that do matter; like your relationship with God, your spouse, your children, your health, your home.

Mat 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

Mat 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

Mat 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.


God judges not the outside but the inside of your heart. It’s easy to deceive people, and to pretend you’re a loving, kind person, but God sees right through straight to your heart. No one can hide, lie, or cheat their way to Heaven. It’s silly how some people think it’s of good works alone. Just because you have never ‘killed’ anyone---that doesn’t mean you’ll get a one-way ticket to Christ and Heaven. News flash, it doesn’t work that way.

Now, I'd like say that we are frugal with our money----because we have to be. We are a family of six; two adults, and four boys---four growing boys! I have started on coupons, but being overseas –it’s a bit much to find coupons (I mean—coupons that I need) and am I relunctant because I also feel that there is still a stigma against using coupons. It doesn’t matter to me or detour me from using them also. I use WIC and I will continue to use coupons as well. We eat dinner at 7 PM every night (at home-meals I cook) and an occasional date out. Being frugal to me doesn’t mean being cheap, it means setting a budget goal (being responsible) and keeping to it.

It boggles my mind to see E-5 spouses and below with several kids in tow buying $300.00-$400.00 handbags (as an example) or anything extravagant for that matter. I can’t even afford those stupid print bags, and I know they can’t?! Ok, maybe they saved up for it…maybe they have a rich family who supply, or maybe their just living above their means putting it on a credit card or STAR card, so that they will look cool at the next FRG meeting. I don’t know.

As much as the PX makes on Soldiers and their Families (with their monopoly overseas) I still buy there, but only for sale items. All clothing I buy is on sale-if I buy from the PX. I don’t buy $50.00 t-shirts for my children just because it has a polo dude on the front or any other name brand for that matter. Yes, of course I’ll buy name brand…but after it’s been discounted once or twice.

I made a big compliant about a year ago. Look my hubby is an E7 ok…but we have four children. When my fourth son was born, we didn’t have much ‘infant’ clothing… I went into the PX one day…looking for 4-5 outfits. Needless to say the only outfits they had were $20.00-$24.00 each outfit. Now, mind you, I need at least one per day (that’s seven outfits), not to mention that babies barf and poop several times a day so you’ll need several more, but for now 7 outfits—at $20.00 each that totals to $140.00 dollars for SEVEN outfits –that will probably not fit him after a month and Lord knows they’ll stain after one barf! Are you kidding me?

I’m sorry but who has 140 bucks to spend on seven lousy, no choice clothing?? Not me and I would assume certainly not some E-1 spouse either. My complaint was to the pricing and the minimal choices on baby clothing. It’s totally ridiculous.

Yes, people are going to say—buy off-post, the thrift store, eBay, and to that I say—I DO! But AAFES is contracted to helping Soldiers and their families…they should also provide low-cost, high-quality items at BEST.

Anyway, I guess I went on this rampage because Christmas is closer to coming---to the outside world, Christmas is commericalized and fake. It upsets me greatly. My family has been very ‘frugal’ this Christmas year. It’s not a commercialized Christmas in this household. Christ came to this Earth, born of a virgin, to ultimately die for our sins. We should learn to appreciate Him and realize He is the REASON FOR THE SEASON.

I’d like to say that we are living in a difficult time and it’s only going to get worse; politically, socially, religiously, so please put your trust in Christ, today. It should be the ONLY gift you’d want to receive at this moment, for this season and always. Question: Where do your treasures lie?

Living and Learning on One Income


signature,jessica,blog signature,name

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!! Come back soon! Sincerely, Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...